SPORTS APPRENTICE (Ref:LOS007)
30 Hours per week, Term Time Only
We have a new and fantastic opportunity for a Primary School Sports Apprentice to join our team at Lostwithiel Primary School. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively within a team.
The Sports Apprentice will work to assist with the administration associated with and the delivery of sport and physical activity. This involves coaching during the school day and after school.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and a passion for developing and raising the profile of physical education and sport within the school.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- To provide high quality sports coaching during and after school to help raise attainment.
- Improve links with local schools to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision.
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff).
- Assist teachers in the evaluation and revision of lessons and work programs for individuals and groups of pupils and contribute to the monitoring, recording and assessment of pupil progress.
- To ensure all school policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of staff and pupils.
Previous experience of working with young people in a sports environment would be beneficial.
Peninsula Learning Trust is an educational charity based in the St Austell area formed of eight schools; with more than 3000 students educated across our schools and a team of 500 staff. The Trust is committed to providing quality continuing professional development.
Closing Date: Friday 1st June -9.00am
Interview Date: Thursday 7th June
Peninsula Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We implement the safer recruitment process; the successful candidate will be expected to undergo checks including an enhan